We just released our first update to the Steam version of Riptide GP2, which includes a handful of asked-for feature enhancements and a few minor fixes.
All users are strongly encouraged to update to this latest version, since you'll need it to enjoy online multiplayer games on Riptide GP2 going forward. But also becasue it's awesome.
The largest enhancement is an improved Online Multiplayer QuickMatch Mode:
- Allows you to see who else is in the Lobby with you.
- Allows you to join a Match that's in progress at the next Race start.
- Shows you the status of each racer while you're waiting.
- Allows up to 6 players to race simultaneously!
These improvements and others should make it a LOT easier to join multiplayer matches, and to get matches going with 4, 5, and 6 players.
Highlights - Update 1 (Apr 7, 2014):
- Added Multiplayer Waiting Room for Quick Match
- Fixed Cloud Sync issue for save data. You can now sync properly on multiple machines.
- Increased MP Stability
- Graphical enhancements
- Art improvements
- Economy tweaks to rider progression
- Various other bug fixes
Full Changes - Update 1 (Apr 7, 2014):
- Waiting Room Screen for matchmaking
- Cloud Sync fix
- Added fresnel term compute to jetski paint shader
- UI focus state bug fixes
- Removal of unnecessary UI text
- Helmet tweak
- Rider female model tweak for shoulder and groin
- Rider Shoulder texture and mesh tweaks
- Updated Display Settings
- QuickMatch now tries to join you in lobbies with people from your friends list, if found.
- Render state cache bug fix and performance improvement
- Attract mode camera target bug fixed
- Adjustments to the starting grid
- Cross-version incompability enforcement added
Thank you for all the great feedback! We maintain a prioritized list of issues that are reported by our players so don't hesitate to hit is up for fixes, changes, etc. in the Steam Riptide GP2 Official Game Group Discussion Forums!